Cartridge Filter Housing
Cartridge filter, also known as security filters, generally set before the pressure vessel to remove the tiny particles whose turbidity above 1 degree, to meet the requirements of the follow-up process of water; sometimes, it is also set at the end of the entire water system to prevent small particles (such as broken resin) into the finished water.
Cartridge filter housing Working Principle
Cartridge filter, also known as security filter. The shell is made of high quality stainless steel, filter using molded filter, The liquid went through filter under pressure, residue left on the filter, and the filtrate outflow through the filter can effectively remove impurities in the water, sediment and suspended solids, bacteria. Molded filters are: cloth, screen, filter, sintered filter tube, wound filter, melt-blown filter, micro-porous filter and multi-function filter. Due to different filter, the filter pore size is not the same. Precision filter is between the sand filter (coarse) and a filter between ultra-filtration, filter pore size generally between 0.01-120um.For the same form of filter,it is divided into different models by their dimensions.
Commonly used wound filter and meltblown filter
Wound filter (also known as honeycomb filter), there are two types: one is polyp
ropylene fiber – polypropylene skeleton filtration, the maximum temperature 60 ℃; the other is cotton fiber – stainless steel frame filter, the maximum temperature 120 ℃.
Raw material of meltblown filter is polypropylene, the maximum operating temperature is 60 ℃. Sophisticated filters can remove suspended solids, colloidal substances and some fine particulate matter and so on.
Cartridge filter housing Application
1.Food industry:fine filter of space water, mineral water,beverages, liquor clarification and filtration process.
2. Pharmaceutical industry: sterile water, oral, infusion and injection water treatment.
3. Electronics industry: water preparation semiconductors, instruments, picture tubes and other production plants, wash water filtration bar.
4. Chemical industry: organic solvents, esters, alcohols, acids, alkalis and other chemicals, oils purification.
5. Oil industry: oil field water injection preparation and so on.
6. Environmental protection, electroplating wastewater, printing waste, pharmaceutical waste and other industrial wastewater treatment.
7. Seawater, brackish water desalination water treatment, hotels, apartments water treatment.
8. Precision filter is often used as security filter for electrodialysis, ion exchange, security filters reverse osmosis devices.
Cartridge filter housing Parameter
|Working pressure:||0.6 / 1.0 / 1.6Mpa|
|Body Material:||Stainless steel (SUS304, SUS304L, SUS316, SUS316L).|
|Operating temperature:||5 ~ 40 ℃ (exceed 60 ℃ to be informed)|
|Design temperature:||5 ℃ -100 ℃|
|Replace the pressure:||0.05Mpa-0.07MPA|
|Filter interface:||flat compression, plug-in|
|Cylinder and base connection mode:||quick opening, flanged|
|Filtration accuracy:||1μm ~ 100μm|
|Cartridge Quantity:||1 core to 180 cores|
|Filter Length:||10 “~ 40”|
|Seal type:||O-ring or flat washer|
|Seal Material:||PTFE, rubber.|
Outside treating :
|matte jet beads, mirror electrolytic polishing.|
|Sealing material:||nitrile rubber, silicone, Viton, standard configuration for the silicone seal.|
|Interface Type:||GB, HG, DIN, ANSI, JIS standard flanges, dental mouth, clamps and so on.|
|Flange Standard:||GB, HG, SH, HGJ, JB, ANSL, JIS and other standards. (User-specified, please indicate the pressure level)|
|Manufacturing, testing standard:||GB150 standard, or user-specified criteria.|
Filter element parameters
|Material of filter||Temperature(℃)||Pressure(Mpa)||Precision(μm)||Size(mm)|
|Sintered titanium alloy filter||≤300||0.015||0.3~100||Φ50×120 Φ50×450 Φ60×110 Φ60×300 Φ60×500 Φ60×1000|
|Stainless plait filter||≤500||0.01||2~180||Φ35×210 Φ65×250 Φ86×350 Φ86×500 Φ90×1000|
|PTFE plait filter||≤140||0.011||0.02~50||Φ45×250 Φ45×500 Φ45×1000 Φ60×250 Φ60×500 Φ60×1000|
|PP plait filter||≤60||0.012||0.1~60||Φ45×250 Φ45×500 Φ45×1000 Φ60×250 Φ60×500 Φ60×1000|
|Metal fiber sintered felt||≤130||0.01||1~70||Φ180×425 Φ180×800 Φ180×1000|
|Melt-down filter||≤60℃||0.015||1-100||Φ60×250 Φ60×500
|Wound filter||≤60℃||0.012||1-100||Φ60×250 Φ60×500
Cartridge filter housing Characteristics
1.High filtration precision, uniform pore size filter.
2.Small filtration resistance, flux, interception capability, long service life.
3.Filter is clean and no second pollution to the filter media.
4.It also can filter acid, alkali and other chemical agents.
6.Low price, low running costs, easy to clean, filter can be replaced.
Cartridge filter housing Composition
Cartridge filter is mainly composed by the filter housings, filter cartridges and other components, and the filter housings materials is mostly made of R304 stainless steel, if it’s used in the acid and other special occasions,it will be made by R316 stainless steel. It an be divided into the flange and clamp, and flanged housing is mainly used in the occasion of larger flow filtration. The filter is mainly made by PP cotton, it can also be made by wound filter or activated carbon filter on some occasions. The number of filter may vary from 1 to dozens, primarily be determined from the water flow rate.
Small-flow Cartridge filter housing with clamp opening
1. The body open the way for quick opening hoop (or quick opening flange), to facilitate the efficient filter replacement and cleaning.
2. Compact structure, small size, improved V-shaped hoop quick opening, the stress tests, the pressure without any distortion and leakage after 0.6MPA.
3. Cartridge filter uses stainless steel as material,with electrochemical polishing or matte finishing out appearance. Also PP is available.
Cartridge filter housing Parameter- Small Flow Rate with hoop cover
Cartridge filter housing – Small Flow Rate with flange cover
Cartridge filter housing Parameter- Small Flow Rate with flange cover
|Model||ΦD||A (mm)||B (mm)||H (mm)||N1/N2 Φ||(m³/H)|
Cartridge filter housing installation
Cartridge filter housing Install instruction
1. Please clean filter shell carefully before using.
2. Connect cartridge filter with other in-line filtering system. Please check inlet and outlet install direction.
3. Open the filter top cover to check cartridge condition: O-ring’s sealing and its position.
4. Users can use wetting agent (Water e.g) to wet O-ring and cartridge socket.
5. Hold the cartridge near O-ring side, insert it into socket vertically.
6. Insert all cartridges, fixing with press plate and covering with top cover.
Open vent valve at the top of out shell. Turn on inlet valve a bit, let liquid into shell. Turn off vent valve till liquid comes into shell entirely and leak from vent valve. Adjust outlet valve gradually until turn on it fully. Turn on inlet valve slowly to adjust pressure drop to a data of 0.02MPa.
Cartridge filter housing Operation instruction
1.If cartridge filter is used at desalt system, please read exclusive operation instruction.
2.If for normal use, please read below:
1) Open inlet valve, vent valve to let filter house full of water. Then open outlet valve, close vent valve to adjust filter’s flow rate.
2) Cartridge using period usually can be inspected by pressure gauge. Normally the max differential pressure is 0.15MPa. When pressure alarms, it’s time to close inlet and outlet vale, and to replace cartridge.
3) Open vent valve, drain vale and replace new cartridges.
Notes in operation
1. Avoid pressure impact, reverse pressure is forbidden.
2. Replace cartridge when differential drop is big than 0.3MPa, or flow rate down obviously.
3. If filter no need work for a short time, soak cartridge in sterile solution, but don’t dry cartridge. User can pour sterile solution inside filter house, clean it before again use.
4. If users need steam sterilization for filter, make sure drain condense water, and steam pressure not exceed 0.1MPa, filter differential pressure not exceed 0.015MPa.
If users need disinfect wet cartridge, please use clean compress air absorb all liquid, or else, steam will destroy cartridge.
Ways for replace cartridge
1. Shut off the filter, disassemble man hole cover.
2. Switch off screws on cartridge, take out cartridge. Clean filter inside.
3. Take off o-rings at both side of cartridge, clean and insert them to new cartridges. Notice: please soak new cartridge 30minutes before using to make sure it’s wet.
4. Insert cartridge at the socket.
5. Put press plate, tight screws.
6. Place top manhole cover. Run the filter.
7. Open inlet valve, vent valve to let filter house full of water.
Close vent valve, open drain valve, and to look at outlet water condition. When water turns into clear, then filter can through into operation.Remark: please wash new cartridge before using.
Cartridge filter housing Internal Fitting
If you are interested in our products,pls send your inquiry details to email@example.com